Tennis Schedule of Events - 2023
Description of Events
- Horne Memorial
- May 6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th;This event is a competitive singles tournament. The tournament is limited to the first 16 players (men or women) to sign up. Each Player is guaranteed 4 singles matches in this point of the compass format. Matches will be scheduled by the tournament director in the mornings on Saturday and Sunday over 2 weekends. The outcome of the tournament presets the tennis ladder at the club.
- Bretton Woods Club Championship
- Matches are played throughout the months of May – October; There are 7 divisions – Men's singles , Men's Doubles, Women's Singles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Men's 60+ Singles, Men's 60+ Doubles. Matches consist of 2 out of 3 sets. If you lose in the first round, you will be placed in the consolation draw. Players are responsible for setting up their own matches within the time requirements for each round. Signups are now open for this event.
- Bretton Woods Member Guest Tournament
- Saturday, June 3rd
- 9am-12 pm: The Member/Guest Tournament will allow a member to invite a guest to compete in a round robin doubles format.
- One Day Singles Tournament
- Saturday, July 8th 9am-12 pm: This is a one-day only event, usually 3 hours long. Players at all levels are encouraged to sign up and the number of participants will determine how many divisions will be formed for the Tournament.
- Witteveen International Organizational Team Competition
- Dates to be determined: A team competition comprising four teams from different international organizations. Membership at Bretton Woods is not required to participate in the tournament.
- Arichandran Opening Day Round Robin
- Saturday, April 22nd 9am-12pm: This event is designed to encourage participation of players of all levels. The purpose is to provide members an opportunity to play social tennis; allowing players to get to know each other better and help them identify partners for future play. The format for this event is doubles rotating partners.
- Parent Child Mixer
- Sunday, May 21st 9am-12pm This is a chance for parents to team up with their son or daughter in a round robin event. Games are accumulated during the tournament and we usually have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. It is a great bonding opportunity for parents and children.
- Dave's Famous Rib Night Social
- Thursday, June 22nd 7pm-9pm: You do not want to miss out on this one! This event starts out on the court with a rotating doubles partners format. Afterwards, we all sit down to enjoy a rib feast, along with sides and beverages.
- Red, White and Blue Round Robin
- Tuesday, July 4th 9am-12pm: This event is designed for doubles rotating partners. It is a great way to meet new players and celebrate the 4th of July. The Bretton Woods Scoring System will be used for this format.
- Margarita Tennis Social
- Thursday, July 13th 7pm-9pm: The format is doubles rotating partners. Winning players move in one direction and the losing players move in the other direction and players end up playing people their level for a fun yet competitive event. Margaritas, chips, and salsa are available throughout the social event.
- Wood Racquet Tournament
- Saturday, August 5th 9 am -12pm: This Saturday morning tournament is played with wood racquets. Bring your own or we will supply one for you.
- Mixed Doubles Social
- Thursday, August 10th 7pm-9pm: Teams are formed with men and women in a doubles rotating format.
- Labor Day Round Robin
- Monday, September 4th 9am-12pm: The format is doubles rotating partners. All levels are welcome, if you can get your serve in, you can play.
- Fall Classic Round Robin
- Saturday, September 30th 9am-12pm: The format is doubles rotating partners.
- Advanced Round Robin
- Sunday, December 3rd 9:30am – 12:30pm: 3.5 level or higher. These round robins will take the place of the adult clinics in the indoor tennis bubble. Gift certificates are awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Intermediate Round Robin
- Sunday, December 10th 9:30am-12:30pm: 3.0 level and lower. These round robins will take the place of the adult clinics in the indoor tennis bubble. Gift certificates are awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Junior Club Championships Boys and Girls: 12 and under and 13 and over
- To be reschedueld for September and held from 9am-12pm: A Round Robin format is used to determine club championship. There are divisions for boys and girls in each of the age group categories. This is for juniors at the club to compete and advance their tennis skills beyond club tennis in a competitive yet fun atmosphere. Snacks are provided.
- Junior Winter Classic
- November 24th , 25th and 26th: The junior winter classic is a very competitive event. Matches are played either in the bubble or weather permitting outside. Kids will be playing either 2 out of 3 set matches or 8 game pro sets.